Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Are those Tevas or The North Face or Both?

What is the deal with Down Jackets, shorts and flip-flops?


Just this morning I have seen at least 4 people sporting outfits with each component.


Is it not enough that Seattleites (along with the Northwest in general) are known for socks and Birkenstocks?


I must admit, I wear flip-flops around the house year round. But my house is heated and I live alone.


I just don't get folks who rock flip-flops/sandals year round. Do they not realize that 43 degrees isn't so great for bare feet?


Here's the thing: If it's cold enough that you put on a Down Jacket and/or sweater, it's time to toss on some pants or least socks and shoes*.


Just tossing that out there.


Maybe it's me, but the Down, Shorts and Flip-flops just look a bit Schizophrenic. Much like something a 5-year-old would wear if left to their own devices.


They simply don't go together.


I am no fashion guru, but it irks me that the Schizophrenic few can give an entire region a bad name.


Here's some advice for the folks who just can't figure it out:


If you take enough time to shower and put on clean clothes, add an extra 30 seconds to the routine and toss some socks and shoes into the mix.


Your poor, poor toes, along everyone else around you will thank you.


And doing so should save you quite a bit of embarrassment.

*Please note that I did not recommend socks and sandals, which are unacceptable as well.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Maybe its just your neighborhood, I'm not seeing it in West Seattle. Perhaps Seattlites are trying to hold on to their memories of the month of warm weather that we get.